Sunday 10 August 2014

Edchatnz Blogging Meme

I have a few questions after the last two days at #Edchatnz and I think that lots of others will too. I want to keep the connections going and make more connections. So maybe a blogging meme will work.

If you get included in the blogging meme: copy/paste the questions and instructions into your own blog then fill out your own answers. Share on twitter tagging 5 friends. Make sure you send your answers back to whoever tagged you too.

1. How did you attend the #Edchatnz Conference? (Face 2 Face, followed online or didn't)
I was there both days & continued the conversations throughout using twitter. 

2. How many others attended from your school or organisation?
No one else attended, although a student teacher from our school came along at my suggestion, so I'm taking credit for that and will say there were 2 of us. I know @MrRuddtheTeachr followed along too. So 2 1/2 people then.

3.How many #Edchatnz challenges did you complete?
Mostly the selfies & grelfies sadly. I did help by providing a back for a very complimentary post it though - do I get any credit for this?

4. Who are 3 people that you connected with and what did you learn from them?
Georgie, your gaming & key competencies session really resonated. It wasn't that I hadn't thought about gaming in the classroom, but I hadn't connected it with the key competencies. The Why is quite obvious to me now and plan a lot more gaming.
Bridget, awesome to meet you F2F and talk books & reading. Kids & books are in good hands with people like you and you continue to inspire my reading, readers & literacy programme.

5. What session are you gutted that you missed?
Matty Nicoll & Rewind Me - a great project that I've read about on his blog.
Nanogirl - an inspiring speaker from start to finish but I had to make a choice, the HPPS kids were inspirational in their own way and I'm glad I went to their session.

6. Who is one person that you would like to have taken to Edchatnz and what key thing would they have learned? 
My DP, he has so many ideas around student voice, active/hands-on learning and isn't quite sure about my twitter community. I think he would have got a huge amount from this conference and he has good views on how to implement change.

7. Is there a person you didn't get to meet/chat with (F2F/online) that you wished you had? Why
Only figured out going back through tweets after the conference did I realise that Brie @Dancewellnz was there, even at some of the same sessions. She always has something interesting to say on twitter and I think she would like to say more. Would love to have chatted F2F.

8. What is the next book you are going to read and why? 
Difficult choice between following the @Edubookchatnz recommendations & take part or make a move into some books about gaming to help my class. I believe either path is the correct one.

9. What is one thing you plan to do to continue the Education Revolution you learnt about at #Edchatnz?
My first step is an earlier post on this blog - Education Revolution - I dare you!

10. Will you take a risk and hand your students a blank canvas?
I'm planning a session like this tomorrow, we're studying NZ geography at the moment. I think I'll find a suitable picture/location to provoke some curiosity & then see how we go. I'm game enough to take this challenge.

Who do will I tag with this meme: @Mattynicoll, @geomouldey @Mrs_hyde @chasingalyx @missdtheteacher

3 comments:

  1. I accept! What a great way to reflect on an amazing, whirlwind couple of days. Thank you for having the idea and spreading the love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post Reid! :) I wish I'd talked with Brie too. Next #edchatnz conf. Was good meeting you f2f! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Reid! I didn't see this earlier! You were way nicer about me than I was about you in mine!!! Just kidding! I loved meeting you. Your kids are lucky to have such a passionate and fun teacher.

    ReplyDelete